Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Clalaclan Philias progress!

Hi (´∇ノ`*)ノ
So I was way to stressed before Närcon to make a in progress post then, so I will show you my hole progress now and post about Närcon a little later:>

Clalaclan Philias have been one of my dream cosplay for a long time, so when I got asket to be a replacement at the NCC I decided to make her!

Bought a lot of different fabric, It was so expensive ლ(´﹏`ლ)
But I love all of them, because all of them are different types of fabric (silk, satin, polyester, cotton, viscose etc..)

I actually wanted to buy the blue one as satin as well but my local fabric store only had the wrong colors, but when I started sewing with it I really liked it :>

I decided to make the skirts a little shorter than the original picture since I wanted the armor on the legs to show a little more〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Here are some progress on each layer:
Skirt nr 1 is a hoop skirt that I had and cut to the right length and then sewed on a 5meter long line of folds at the bottom. Skirt nr 2 had so much folding and ironing!
Used a hole day folding this, it's 10 meters
へ(゜∇、°)へ
Skirt nr 3 was the most annoying one too sew because I really hate sewing in silk, But it turned out fine anyway^^ Skirt number 4 was easy to make, just a shorter and a little bigger version of number 3, made with a stretch ribbon at the top. Skirt number 5 was definitely the hardest, the pattern was hard to get right and I embroidered the lines between the white and blue with pearl thread 3 times. The 6 layer was pretty easy since I used the pattern from layer 5 and made a smaller version and sewed on a lace line. I decided to sew layer 5 and 6 together to make them stay in place. Layer number 7 was a little took some time to make since I embroidered the lines between the fabric and I made it in four parts so that the inside would look good to :3

The top I just sewed in satin with a zipper at the back, the arms took some time tough, since I first had to make the blue part with some cotton to make them puffier and then I sewed many long satin ribbon lines and needled them up around the puffs.


For the wig I bought 2 Seeu wigs, because I loved the color and they had the perfect curls.
I then cut of wefts from one and sewed it on the other to make it thicker :>

Here you can see how much of a mess I make when making patterns,
which I also find the most boring ( ̄□ ̄;)

For my staff I used three layers of EVA foam glued together with a broom that I cut of and the for the shield I used sleeping pads glued together and carved out the patterns.
Also getting some "help" from my cute dog Chiko v・。・V


 The shield is made out of sleeping pads glued together and then I carved out the cross. Then I used worbla on both sides. I was really happy that my technique worked like I wanted it to
But when I was going to bend the shield a little, air bobble's started to come to the front ( p_q)
So I used a thin layer of filler on top to smooth it out more and now it's getting really smooth;3

The staff is made out of three layers of EVA foam, then carved the pattern and used filler too smooth out the edges, and then covered it with worbla (°∀°)b

So much pattern going inwards, but it was really fun making it work with worbla ;D

 All the other part are also made out of worbla, some with craft foam and some with two layers of worbla. Roses and wings was really fun to make in worbla :>
Had some testing with making roses first and failed so much xD
So I used a figure as a model, definitely a smart way to start making something you don't know how to make x3


 The finger was really fun to make! they are made out of two layers of worbla and then I shaped them after my finger, be prepared to get burned xD
The fingers on the picture look like just one piece, but I want to actually bend my fingers so I came up with a solutoion to glue white fabric between two parts. I also wrote numbers behind each part to make it easier to know where each part was supposed to be. When they was done I glued them to the gloves. :>

The breastplate was the hardest armor part to make, It was my first time making a breastplate that was supposed to be hole with a back, so I had to experiment a little, the base is made out of two layers of worbla with a lot of filler to smooth it out, and it was also a lot of sanding and then filling again and again. when I was happy with it I used one layer of wood glue to make the worbla pattern stick to the base. Because worlba wont stick to filler at all!ヽ(;▽;)ノ
To make the front and back stick together and get a good shape was really hard, but I came up with a solution of gluing fabric on one side and making a fabric piece with a zipper on the other side to make it sit, it worked really well :3

 Priming outside in the sun is really cozy :3
It took A LOT of filler to make it smooth, and I used around 2 bottles of wood glue and 10 cans of spray paint..

 Starting to paint everything with pearl paint and shadow it after it has been coated with wood glue and white spray paint. I used 6 tubes of pearl paint and a lot of shadowing and varnish coat :>


Me dying from making this xD

 Everything finished, the night before we are leaving for the con ofc xD



 Other preparations was making the scene show. It took some time because me and Rirukuo(my assistant) made a movie background, with music and recording. And I also decided some days before I was leaving that I wanted a scene prop so here are some in progress of it with my very curious cat xD

 
Picture from our recording to my show!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment